Gain the skills to apply principles of a palliative care approach. Learn to support individuals with life-threatening or life-limiting illness, within the person’s advance care directives plan.
- Define and outline the principles of palliative care approaches
- Discuss the features and requirements of an advance care directives plan
- Identify and discuss the importance of knowing and understanding the wishes of a person with an advance care directives plan
- Outline palliative care roles and responsibilities of the community care worker
- Examine your own emotional responses and ethical issues
- Communicate the importance of respecting the person’s decisions and wishes
- Summarise approaches which can be used by community care workers when providing palliative care and support
This course is open to staff and volunteers of CHSP and/or HACC PYP providers in Victoria.
It's suitable for community care workers, direct care workers, and social support workers.
This course is suitable for all staff and volunteers wanting to build and/or refresh their understanding of palliative care.