Learn how to work with individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), with regard for their needs and within the context of support work.
- Define, outline and understand autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Outline legal and ethical requirements for working with individuals with ASD
- Identify key issues affecting individuals with ASD, their families and/or carers
- Identify how our personal values and attitudes may influence our communication styles and provision of care/support
- Discuss approaches to providing care and support to individuals with ASD, their families and/or carers
This course is open to staff and volunteers of CHSP and/or HACC PYP providers in Victoria.
It's suitable for community care workers, direct care workers, and social support workers.
This course is suitable for all staff and volunteers wanting to build and/or refresh their understanding of autism spectrum disorder.